Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New logo: Dish


The U.S. satellite platform Dish Network recently introduced an updated logo as part of a major marketing effort. This includes a new innovative DVR box called "Hopper", that allows costumers to record programs that can later be watched on any TV set in the house through smaller boxes called "Joeys". To market the Hopper box, the company has introduced a red kangaroo mascot.

Dish's original logo has been further updated, making it less technology-oriented. The "orbit", the word "Network" has been dropped and what remains has been colored red. The website has also moved from dishnetwork.com to dish.com (a domain previously owned by Procter & Gamble, makers of Dawn dishwashing liquid).

Previous logo.

The new logo was unveiled in January, perhaps at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and implemented later on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
New Hopper logo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Joey logo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I think it’s great that Dish Network decided to rebrand to Dish and I love the idea of the new Hopper and Joey system announced at CES. I’m excited to get the new whole-home solution in my home when it releases and finally take advantage of the recording space I’ve needed, with the 2 terabyte hard drive included. I’m also pretty intrigued to test out the PrimeTime Anytime feature and the remote control locator I’ve heard so much about from one of my co-workers at Dish. The Hopper and a few Joey’s are going to make an excellent addition in my home and I’m thrilled I’ll finally have the whole-home DVR I’ve been waiting for as a long time Dish customer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emery, Did you ever get the new Hopper? I’ve had mine now for a couple of months and wouldn’t trade it for any other DVR out there. I think the best feature for the Hopper was released a few days ago that compliments Primetime Anytime, and that’s Auto Hop. The Auto Hop option is by far the best addition because the day after my primetime shows air (and have been recorded of course), I now have the option to watch or to skip commercials with the touch of a button! I also work for Dish and can say that it would be cool if there was an Auto Hop button on the remote, but the feature exists on screen and gives you a “yes or no” option when you go to watch a show the day after it has been recorded. The best news of all is that if you have a Hopper, the Auto Hop feature is free and has no additional charges!

    ReplyDelete